Real sea sponges can be an essential part of your hermit crab's environment. As well as being decorative, they can be beneficial to the health and well-being of your hermit crab. Sponges are highly absorbent and can hold much water. Placing a few soaked sponges in your crabitat helps maintain tank humidity by providing a larger surface from which water evaporates. Due to structure of their gills, a humid environment makes it easier for your crab to breathe.
- UNBLEACHED & ADDITIVE FREE: After harvesting, our sponges are processed and cleaned but not bleached. This results in a slightly darker color than compared to bleached sponges.
- SAFER WAY TO DRINK WATER: Sponges provides easy access to water dishes and help reduce accidental drowning.
- NUTRIENT SOURCE: Hermit crabs like to consume sponges. Nutrients such as Chitin and minerals contained within them are beneficial to exoskeleton health and the longevity of hermit crabs.
- MAINTAINS TANK HUMIDITY: The absorbency sponges and their ability to hold much water helps maintain humidity within the aquarium habitat.
- VALUE PACK: 5 unbleached sponges measuring 1.5 - 2” when wet.