: 500 Extraordinary Places to Eat Around the Globe
For pure pleasure, few experiences are as satisfying as a chance to explore the world's great culinary traditions and landmarks-and here, in the latest title of our popular series of illustrated travel gift books, you'll find a fabulous itinerary of foods, dishes, markets, and restaurants worth traveling far and wide to savor.
On the menu is the best of the best from all over the globe:
- Tokyo's freshest sushi.
- the spiciest Creole favorites in New Orleans.
- the finest vintages of the great French wineries.
- You'll sample the sophisticated dishes of fabled chefs and five-star restaurants, of course, but you'll also discover the simpler pleasures of the side-street cafés that cater to local people and the classic specialties that give each region a distinctive flavor.
- Every cuisine tells a unique story about its countryside, climate, and culture, and in these pages, you'll meet the men and women who transform nature's bounty into a thousand gustatory delights.
- Hundreds of appetizing full-color illustrations evoke an extraordinary range of tastes and cooking techniques; a wide selection of recipes invites you to create as well as consume; sidebars give a wealth of entertaining information about additional sites to visit as well as the cultural importance of the featured food; while lively top ten lists cover topics from chocolate factories to champagne bars, from historic food markets to wedding feasts, harvest celebrations, and festive occasions of every kind.
- Detailed practical travel information provides all the ingredients you'll need to cook up a truly delicious experience for even the most demanding of traveling gourmets.