The Wildlife World Mason Bee Barrel connects you to the natural world and provides eco-friendly pollinators to help your gardens grow and bloom. Hang the bee barrel in your yard and watch the canes fill up with live "baby bees" during the summer months. Wait until next spring to see new, adult bees emerge.
Attracting mason bees near your home is safe and beneficial to the pollination of flowers, fruit, and vegetable plants, and trees. Mason bees are born pollinators, rarely sting, and are not aggressive These friendly bees are industrious and safe around children and pets. Mason bees are part of the solitary bee family which, unlike bumble bees or honeybees, don't live in colonies in a hive. They are gentle and wonderful pollinators of crops and gardens that grow in your backyard. Solitary bees have a fascinating life cycle, laying their larvae in tubes or tunnels where they gestate for 9 months before emerging as adult bees in the spring. This bee house contains ideal hole sizes for nesting and for a mason bee habitat. Each structure is precisely crafted to attract non-swarming bees like mason bees, leafcutter bees, and other cavity-nesting solitary bees. This makes the bee home an ideal addition to your garden decor.
Earth-friendly and made with care, the bee hotel requires no chemical treatments and is made from durable FSC-certified timber. Place in a sunny position facing south to southeast to catch the morning sun. The ideal mounting height is between ground level and 15 meters. Makes an excellent gift for those who love insects, bird or bug-watching, gardeners, beekeepers, farmers, and more Save the bees.
- QUALITY DESIGN: Made from durable, FSC-certified timber and sturdy metal hangers Includes hanging rope Easy to hang in any garden or yard No assembly or maintenance required
- ATTRACTS POLLINATORS: Attracting mason bees to the garden is beneficial for the pollination of flowers, fruit, and vegetables Create a natural, eco-friendly "beehive" habitat and enjoy watching the solitary bee's life cycle
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN & PETS: Mason bees are friendly, industrious, and non-aggressive wild bees They enhance the productivity of your yard and attract bees to the habitat, rather than cracks in your patio or home
- BENEFICIAL & BEAUTIFUL: Charming, attractive barrel design looks great in the garden and can be mounted on a wall or tree Ideal for those who love the environment, and natural, functional outdoor decor for the yard
- EASY TO USE: Help the bees Place above the ground in a warm, south-facing position Ideally, near plenty of nectar-rich flowers, plants and trees Mason bees work harder than other bees and are extra beneficial for your plants