Fluval Bug Bites is a complete fish food that features a unique insect-based formulation, enriched with multiple quality proteins and carbohydrates that are ideal for tropical fish such as bettas, goldfish, cichlids, guppies, and tetras. Insects are hunted by fish in the wild as they offer a widely available food source. The instinctive feeding habit is the foundation behind Bug Bites, which are formulated with nutrient-rich insect larvae and enriched with multiple quality proteins, vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Most freshwater fish are omnivores and regularly feed on insects in the wild. However, not all insects are created equally when it comes to a fish’s diet. Bug Bites are formulated with sustainably harvested Black Soldier Fly Larvae (#1 ingredient across all formulas), which are raised on fruits and vegetables for exceptional “super food” nutrition. Using a unique cultivation process, BSFL are grown under controlled conditions for total sustainability that preserves natural environments. Under controlled conditions, Black Soldier Flies produce larvae, which naturally feed on decaying organic matter.
- Tropical fish food that contains up to 40%, nutrient-rich Black Soldier Fly Larvae, the first ingredient
- High in multiple proteins like whole salmon – rich in Omega 3 and 6 for healthy skin, scales and fins
- Fortified with essential vitamins, amino acids and minerals for a balanced daily diet
- Slow sinking micro granule format (0.7-1mm) – all fish can feed at their preferred depth; feed as much as fish can eat in two minutes, two or three times daily
- Sustainably processed in small batches for quality control and maximum freshness
- Made in Canada with no artificial fillers, colors or preservatives