Whether you are training a new puppy, considering adopting a dog, researching dog breeds, or simply curious about your own dog's happiness and behavior, Wag has all the answers––and then some. Respected dog trainer and social psychologist, Zazie Todd, demystifies the inner life of canines and shares recommendations from leading veterinarians, researchers, and trainers to help you cultivate a rewarding and respectful relationship with your dog—which offers many benefits for you, your family, and your four-legged friend Inside this engaging, practical book, readers will find:
- A Check List for a Happy Dog Enrichment
- Exercises How to socialize and train a new puppy
- How to reduce fear and anxiety in dogs
- Tips for visiting the vet Information on aging dogs
- Expert interviews with vets and psychologists, and so much more!